Here’s the video tutorial on how to simulate a tilt-shift lens in photoshop and make the subject(s) look like miniatures.
And here are the notes if you want to have a printed reference.
- Start by finding your file in Lightroom
- Crop and frame to your liking
- Clip the whites and blacks to taste
- Bring the Clarity way up
- Bring the Vibrance way up
- Bring the Saturation way up
- We’re looking for a picture with extreme contrasts and saturation. Almost comical.
- Make any other minor adjustments and export the file
- Open in Photoshop
- Duplicate the background layer
- Hit “Q” to go into quick select mode
- Select the Gradient tool
- Select a Reflected Gradient (4th from the left at the top of the screen)
- Place the cursor at the center of the area that has to be in focus
- Click, drag and release at the point where things should start to blur
- Hit “Q” again to exit quick select mode (make sure you see the marching ants)
- Go to Filter > Blur > Lens Blur
- Just play with the Radius slider to taste
- Press OK and you’re done!
- You can add a Vibrance adjustment layer if you like to make the colours even more punchy
- Export your file and save.
Hope you enjoyed to video. Please, show your support by subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thanks!